UT

UT

Thursday, September 22, 2011

W

That is what I want!  A big win!  Don’t get me wrong I celebrated with everybody else when we won against Montana and I celebrated again with the win over Cincinnati.   I was so ready for the win over Florida then Justin Hunter goes down.   I just sat there staring at the TV and watching Justin Hunter roll around in pain on the field and the only thing I could say was “oh no”.   I was criticized by my peers that my response was not hastily or vulgar enough but it is the only thing I could mutter at the time.  It just seems for the last couple of years it is always something rather it be an injury, bad call, or just a bad play.  Something is keeping us out of these big games and it just sucks.
 I want to be the fan that gets to rub their team’s victory in the face of the team’s fan that we just defeated.  I cannot wait until the day I can look at a jhort wearing, crimped mullet having, cut off shirt, misplaced tattoo gator fan in the face and do what I have named the gator chomp throat slash.  Then one day yell at the top of my lungs BUCK FAMA after we defeat Alabama.  That is what I want.  I want other teams to feel the disgust that I feel after losing big game after big game.
I am tired of re-building, tired of being young, tired of not being very deep.  I want a big “W”.  I know that it will all come in time but my impatience makes me want it now.  I am no fool I can look at this team and I can see talent and potential talent and I know that the glory days will be here again someday, but I also see areas where there is no budding talent and I realize that this is going to be a very long process.  For example our defense has a long way to go and that makes my lack of patience run wild.  We all know how we got here; coaching changes, bad recruiting classes, good statistical recruiting classes turned unlawful, but I am interested in how we are going to leave where we are at now and return to the top where we belong.
This is how I know that I am a fan because with all the frustration that I have mentioned in the above paragraphs I cannot wait to see my VOLS take the field again and face their next opponent.  That is what being a fan is all about being with your team through the good times and the bad.  When the glory days arrive again I will be there relishing in all the regular season victories, bowl victories, SEC championships, and oh yeah National Championships.  So to all you true VOL fans out there let’s put this bad loss behind us get behind this team and support them on their journey back to the top.  #GBO #Vol4Life

JW

No comments:

Post a Comment