What a great weekend upcoming for football. The weather in Knoxville is supposed to be pleasantly in the 60’s and the view from section M will be fantastic. This is going to be a great matchup between our Vols and the Tarheels from Chapel Hill. Oh wait, that’s right.. we are instead playing Buffalo. *sigh*
I would be lying if I said that I was excited about this game. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a blessing to be able to attend UT football games.. and it’s something I will always enjoy. But some games aren’t worth dressing out the marching band for. Apparently I’m not the only one, because the UT ticket office is trying every way possible to give tickets away. UT students are also on fall break. Thus, Neyland officials will borrow the black curtains from Thompson Boling Arena (which have recently been taken out of storage). This is the kind of game that is attended by people who’ve never been to a game before, who were given tickets by season ticket holders who have better things to do than go watch Tennessee play Buffalo. You will know them when you see them, wide eyes looking around in wonder having never seen so much orange before.. even wider eyes gazing upon the employee at the concession stand who just told them how much their small watered down soda and hotdog was going to cost.
While I will be there, I will have an eye on my watch... hoping to make it home to watch Saturday’s more illustrious matchups.
So what am I looking for this Saturday as the Vols face the mighty Buffalo Bulls?
- Petros! Brought to you by the World's Fair in 1982. With a bit of cooler air moving into the area this weekend, it will be the perfect time for Floyd Pancakes to enjoy a glorious East TN treat.
- Arnett to have over 100 receiving yards.
- No fumbled punts. Oh what a glorious day that will be!
- Assuming #3 happens… Devrin Young to take a punt return to the house, while averaging 15 yards per return. (Buffalo will be punting often, at least they better)
- At least three sacks by the UT defense.
- Any semblance of a running game. I will literally stand up and cheer if we have a run greater than 5 yards.
- Attendance greater than 80,000 (not likely).
Let’s get this over with and get back to business next week with Georgia.